3 jobber matcher ditt søk
Are you an applied physicist who wishes to bring a new detector to life? The LHCb experiment is about to construct and install a new silicon sub-detector as part of the upgrade programme. Join our team and play a leading role in the integration and commissioning of this high rate, precision pixel detector, and be there when the first collision data arrives!
As an applied physicist with a proven track record in silicon detector systems and, in particular, commissioning and operation, you will play a central role in the integration and commissioning of the LHCb VELO Upgrade pixel detector. You will participate actively in the reception and qualification of detector prototypes, in particular silicon sensors and tiles, and will support the VeloPix ASIC wafer-probing program at CERN.
Publisert 27. mars
Are you a mechanical technician with experience in components and prototyping of coating systems? Do you want to be part of an exciting international project and contribute to the development of CERN's unique vacuum infrastructure, one of the largest in the world with a total of 130 km of vacuum vessels. Join the Vacuum, Surfaces & Coatings Group! CERN, take part!
As a mechanical technician in the SCC section, you will:
- Assemble mechanical parts of coatings systems or prototypes.
- Manufacture metallic and ceramic parts to be inserted in UHV systems.
- Design new components in collaboration with physicists and engineers of the section.
- Take part in the maintenance/renewal of the present installations (thin film coating plants, UHV pumping systems, bake out equipment).
Publisert 22. mars
Are you qualified in Physics, Computing, Electronics, Electricity or Electromechanics? Do you have a first experience in a technical or scientific environment? Take your career to an exciting new level by joining the team of operators who run the Super Proton Synchrotron (SPS) of CERN's accelerator complex. Take part!
As member of the SPS operations team, you will:
- Be part of the 24/7 shift team that runs CERN's accelerator complex.
- Oversee the operation of the SPS accelerator and the associated Experimental Facilities on a shift basis, ensuring the application of safety rules.
- Take initiative in the optimisation of the SPS accelerator performance individually or in close collaboration with the team of accelerator physicists by preparing and performing machine tests, measurement and accelerator studies.
Publisert 7. mars